Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Love Bug Strikes...

I think my 6 yr old has been bitten by the love bug! It's Kindergarten Love at our house....and it's very serious! It all started last week when Thomas says..."Mom, I need to write a letter" I tell him ok and continue on about by business. In a minute as he sits at the kitchen table he says "Mom how do you spell Love" I told him and moved on, then he says "Mom how do you spell Layla" at this point I realize he isn't writing a love note to his momma...I told him but then said..."What are you doing?" he explains he is writing a letter to his friend Layla because he really likes her alot. It was in his best handwriting and he drew and colored a very detailed picture of the two of them holding hands and he even drew a bow in her hair. When he got done he asked me where he could put it so he didn't forget it. We decided to put it in his pants pocket for tomorrow, since we always lay out his clothes the night before. When he laid down for bed he kept tossing and turning and wasn't going to sleep. I told him he had to get still and go to sleep so he could get up the next morning and he said "but Mom I just can't stop thinking about my note" and then he asked me to get him up early the next morning so he could do one more thing to his letter that he forgot. I assured him I would and he finally got to sleep. The next morning when I got him up for school instead of the normal whining and not wanting to wake up, he jumps straight up and says I have to go work on my letter. So he works on it while he eats breakfast. Turns out he forgot to draw them shoes in his picture so he couldn't neglect something so important! So when I pick him up from school that day (it was my off day) Titus was with me too and so when he got in the car I ask him how his day was then I say "Did you see your Friend today?" he immediately starts shushing me and cups his hand over my mouth(He didn't want his daddy knowing anything about this apparently). Titus and I were taking him to lunch to spend time with him before Titus had to go into work bc he was working stand-by last week...So as soon as we get to the restaurant Thomas thinking he was being real sneaky takes  me to the bathroom to tell me all about his note and his day. He said "Mom she loved it...and she wants me to give her one every day" Then he proceeds to tell me that she is his girlfriend bc he asked her and she said yes. This saga has continued all last week and now into this week. She has also given him a note and each day he has something new to tell me about her. Over the weekend we were driving in my car and he asked me if he could take her on a date. I asked him what he planned on driving. He thought for a minute and then said "well maybe I could drive the four-wheeler" I told him he would need to ask his Daddy about that. He immediately told me nevermind he would just wait till he was 16. Now he has decided the best place to put his daily note is in his lunch box. So I catch him in the fridge at night sticking his notes in his lunch box for safe keeping. I keep asking him why he won't tell his daddy and he told me its because he will laugh at him or make fun of him. I promised him I would make daddy not do that but he isn't budging on the issue. I am sure I am forgetting all kinds of funny things that he has said and done regarding this but these are most of the highlights I don't want to forget.

I hesitated to even post this bc it was just a secret between me and him for a while but he is now telling pretty much everyone. Except Titus of course so I figured it would be ok.

DISCLAIMER: If you are reading about this....DO NOT MENTION IT TO THOMAS! We don't want him getting upset!

But I figure since I print my blog each year as a sort of journal of our lives. This is something I definately don't want to forget. The picture below is a quick snapshot of one of the most recent love notes. I wish so bad I could have taken a pic of the first one bc it was so perfect...and as this has continued he is starting to get more sloppy and putting less work into them but this one is still cute as can be!

1 comment:

  1. This is the sweetest thing by the sweetest boy. He is amazing, cherish the simple things!

    ReplyDelete