Saturday, January 29, 2011

Close Call....

Last Friday, Jan 21st, my off day for the week...I was at home with two sick children, Thomas with strep and Tyler a sinus infection, when I hear a very loud crash in the basement. Thomas and I both jumped...Then I thought oh I bet Titus is working in this area and has come by the house on his lunch break to put more wood in the wood stove that is in our den in the basement. I was holding Tyler so I told Thomas to go see if that was Daddy in the basement. He heads off down the steps then comes running back upstairs in a panic...no mommy...its NOT Daddy he says..its an emergency...the pipe fell off the wall for the wood stove he says! I jump up baby in arms and Thomas by side and run down there in a panic, he was right...I tried to call Titus, with no answer on his cell, big surprise...so then I try my Dad...after a couple of attempts I get in touch with him and he heads my way. Finally I have to call the dispatchers at his work to get him to call me due to our little emergency... Titus was able to come straight here. Within just a few minutes I had my Dad, Titus, and a several others here to help. I was literally shaking!! But somehow I held it together. There was some smoke coming out but no flames... thankfully I had neglected to put more wood in it due to a sick baby in my arms so we had just about let the fire burn down to only coals which is the only thing that saved us from having a major disaster. They were able to get the pipe put back in place until it burned totally out then later that night...Titus with the help of both of our fathers got it secured properly so we won't have this issue in the future. What a day!!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment